Sunday, November 2, 2014

November

Hello Everyone,
wow have the months been getting faster or am I just building up a tolerance to time?

I cant believe it is November already.  I remember it was just my birthday in September, just letting out for summer in June, just starting the new year in January.  Hell, it was just my first day of school in third grade.  I remember walking up with my backpack and lunch box.  I accidentally walked into the second grade classroom and was all embarrassed. 

But everyone feels this way.  And no matter what we do time will always be flying past, much quicker than we want.  Being a senior in high school, it is a constant that I am trying to get school work done, do my college applications, and make memories that everyone says I should have this year. 

I feel like the quicker time flies, the more I try to hold onto it.  Now that I'm in my last year, I have started realizing that I can easily make a B and spend time with friends.  I am doing do much more with people, things I will never be able to do again.  Both because we won't be here much long and I'm in the only time of my life I can be truly reckless.

Now that I'm having such a great time, I'm wishing I could have done this from the start.  Because time flies when you're having fun, and when you're having fun you don't want time to fly.  I'm watching as all my friends plan to move far away to other places, and thinking I will never see them again.

So I grasp.  I'd rather have a few great hours with you to remember you by, then to let them pass because I was to nervous to miss you.

Food for thought.
Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment